FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Here are answers to frequently asked questions. If you still can not find an answer to your question, you can contact us at any time via the contact form.
It may be possible that the confirmation e-mail has gone into your junk/spam/promotion folder, please check there for your confirmation, particularly for Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook & Yahoo accounts. If you still haven’t received a confirmation e-mail please check with our customer service, they will be happy to help. In the Contact us section of our website, you will find the telephone number (go to "Contact us").
Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to place orders with BIRKENSTOCK by phone, fax, or mail. Our customer service team will be happy to help if you have any questions regarding an online order, a complaint, or a return. You can also shop at a BIRKENSTOCK store. You will find our store finder here: Storefinder.
No, you do not require a customer account. You can also place an order as a guest.
After your order is completed, we will send you an order confirmation by e-mail. This will include all of your order details. If you have set up a customer account, you can see the status of your order at any time under “My order history.” As soon as your order has been sent out, you will receive an e-mail notification containing a shipment tracking link and the invoice. A hard copy of the invoice will also be enclosed with your shipment.
You can cancel your order before shipment has been initiated, cancellation is free of charge.
- To cancel your order, please mail your cancel request along with order number to email@example.com
- All cancellation requests should reach us within before shipment of the product. Once the product is out for delivery, you will not be able to cancel the order.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to add additional items to your order, remove individual items, or amend the size/width of individual items.
Unfortunately, not, each order must have a single shipping address when you check out. If you are shopping for people at alternate addresses you will have to place each order separately.
The estimated delivery time will be between 2-8 working days, depending on the delivery address . We will inform you by email/SMS when your package leaves our warehouse. How do I track my online order or find the delivery status and tracking numbers? As soon as your order has been passed on to our logistics partner, you will receive a shipping confirmation e-mail/SMS containing the AWB shipment number. The guest users can use this number to track the status of their shipment on our courier partner site. As for the existing users, you can check the status of the order going to ‘My Account’.
Please note that we can only ship to domestic addresses when you order from Birkenstock.in .
When you visit our website at www.birkenstock.com, you have the option of selecting the page for your preferred country, which might be different to your country of residence. You can click on a particular country’s site to be redirected and order your goods there. Deliveries can only be made to addresses in the chosen country. Each country has its own BIRKENSTOCK distribution network. The international shipping of individual pairs of shoes has a considerable environmental impact and therefore does not meet our sustainability principles.
If, for whatever reason, you are not satisfied with your order, you can return unworn/unused items within 30 days.
Yes, returns are free of charge.
Once you have received your order, you have 30 days to return the items to us.
We are sorry to say that we are unable to accept returns from other domestic or international retailers and do not have control over independent retailers or their Returns Policy. This applies for the other retailers’ online shops as well as physical retail stores. Please contact the retailer you purchased your items from and return your goods to them according to their returns policy.
Please note that purchases from our online shop cannot be returned or exchanged in our BIRKENSTOCK physical shop, nor can complaints about such purchases be lodged in these locations.
Vice versa, purchases from our physical shops cannot be returned to our BIRKENSTOCK online shop and complaints about such purchases cannot be lodged there.
Please note that we cannot refund or exchange any goods purchased internationally or with other retailers. You will have to contact the retailer you purchased from and return your goods to them according to their returns policy.
Yes, you can exchange the product if you receive a wrong size or a damaged product. You will have to return the product via return form on my account section and once the original piece is received at our warehouse, our team will then place a new order for you as per required size. For guest users, you can get an exchange by getting in touch with our Customer care representatives either through an E-mail or by calling +91 97171 11774
A refund of the purchase price will be approved once we have received and examined the returned items. On completion of this process, refunds are reflected in the customer’s account/ card balance within 3-4 working days.
We' are sorry to hear about your Birkenstock’s. Unfortunately, we cannot assist you directly on this matter. Please return to the store where you made your purchase with the product and receipt so that they can assist you accordingly.
If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us .
We' are sorry to hear that your BIRKENSTOCK product needs repairing. Unfortunately, at this time we do not offer a repair service. Please refer to a local shoe-repair shop in your area and they should be able to assist you accordingly.
We’ are sorry to hear about your BIRKENSTOCK product. We conduct intensive quality checks in line with the highest standards. However, if you receive an item that is not in perfect condition, you can, of course, return it to us free of charge. Simply use the existing returns process.
If a particular style or size is no longer available on our website, this means it is no longer in stock. Some BIRKENSTOCK styles are only available for a limited period, whereas others are manufactured again for each collection. Unfortunately, our Customer Service team has no access to stock and production information, and is therefore unable to provide you with any details about whether a product will become available again.
Generally, there are two reasons for why specific styles can’t be found on our website anymore:
1. Styles that are hard to find may have been seasonal items. Our seasonal items
are usually only available in limited supply and for one season only.
2. The style you are looking for might be an old model, that isn’’t available anymore. You may find one of our new styles that are similar to the one you are looking for. Keep an eye on the website as new stocks and sizes become available all the time.
We try to keep a large variety of styles, colours and sizes in stock that suit the majority of our customers and unfortunately it is impossible to stock absolutely everything. Foreign markets may have specific styles or colours made. BIRKENSTOCK has staple styles that are usually available all year round and also seasonal specials which are released and available in limited quantities.
Please have a look at our store locator for help: Storefinder .
If you have purchased your product from our BIRKENSTOCK website or one of our physical stores we can guarantee that all our products should be 100% genuine. If you are still unsure of the product, please return it to the place of purchase where they will be able to clarify the genuine quality of the product. If you have not purchased it from any of these and suspect that it is fake, please contact our customer services team and provide them with
- Domain or URL of website
- Date of purchase
- Purchase price
- Merchant name of seller as stated on your invoice/bank statement
- Your credit card type (Visa, Mastercard, etc)
- Pictures of product
Misleading advertising or the marketing of counterfeit products are at odds with our brand and are not in keeping with our understanding of our partnerships. Rather, they disappoint the customers and harm our brand. We therefore resolutely tackle such undesirable developments whenever they come to light. We see this as our duty as managers and as the representatives of our shareholders. Find out more about our fight against product piracy by following this link www.birkenstock-group.com/de/en/brand/product-piracy/ .
Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to buy gift certificates for the BIRKENSTOCK Online Shop.
If you have a promotional code or a gift certificate, you can redeem it during the checkout.
After you’ve entered your shipping address and chosen your preferred mode of payment, in the ‘Order Summary’ section, you will see a textbook that says “Enter Promo Code”. Enter the code and then click on "Apply," and your discount will be applied immediately.
Please note that some promotional codes and/or gift certificates may only be valid subject to certain conditions (e.g. a minimum order value) and may not be valid in combination with other promotions. In the event that your code/gift certificate does not work or if you receive an error message, please get in touch. In the "Contact us" section of our website, you will find the telephone number of the BIRKENSTOCK customer service.
In our BIRKENSTOCK Online Shop, you can choose from a wide range of secure payment methods:
- Credit card
- Debit Card
- Cash on delivery
You can find more detailed information on the available payment methods here: overview of payment methods
If you create a BIRKENSTOCK Online Shop account, you will enjoy various benefits that make your visit even faster and more convenient. We offer the following services after you create an account::
- A summary of your orders and their statuses
- An option to save your billing and delivery addresses and to conveniently import them when placing an order
- An option to set your preferred payment method
- Special offers that are only available to registered customers
You can set up a free customer account at any time in the following way:
Using the registration form at https://www.birkenstock.in/account/register
Where you can enter your name, e-mail address and a password of your choice. We will send you an e-mail once your registration has been confirmed.
Open the log-in area ( https://www.birkenstock.in/login ) and click on "Forgotten password. Then enter your e-mail address. You will then receive an e-mail containing a link that lets you reset your password.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, you can unsubscribe free of charge at any time:
Via the newsletter itself
● In each newsletter, you will find a link at the bottom that lets you unsubscribe. For technical reasons, it can take up to 48 hours to process your request to unsubscribe. It is possible that you will receive further issues of the newsletter during this perio
We recommend you should break in a new pair of BIRKENSTOCK shoes slowly. Start by wearing them around your house and increase the time you wear them gradually. It can take time for your foot to adjust to the contours of the footbed, and for the cork/latex to flex and mould. Ideally an hour or two at a time until you feel comfortable to increase to a longer period.
You can find comprehensive information on our materials here:
You will find information on the original BIRKENSTOCK footbed here:
Please note the following information on caring for your BIRKENSTOCK products. Fabric upper
- Light soiling: wipe the shoes with a damp sponge or cloth and leave them to dry at room temperature.
- Heavy soling: wipe the shoes with a damp sponge and soapy water (lots of soap, little water). Then stuff the shoes with newspaper and leave them to dry at room temperature for at least 36 hours.
Birko – Flor
- Depending on the degree of soiling, wipe with a dry or damp lint-free cloth. No shoe polish is necessary.
- You can remove dirt and dust with a standard rubber nubuck brush and/or a lint-free cloth.
- You should regularly nap the upper with a rubber nubuck brush and leave the shoes to dry at room temperature in order to retain their absorbent properties.
- Treat the product regularly with a colorless waterproofing spray.
- You can remove dust and dirt with a lint-free cloth.
- Scratches can be smoothed out with conventional shoe polish. In the event of salt and water stains, start by leaving the shoes to dry fully at room temperature and then wipe away the stains with a damp cloth. If necessary, smooth over
- with shoe polish in the same colour as the leather.
- The fibres can be straightened with the rubber side of a nubuck brush. Treat the oiled leather on an alternate basis with standard leather wax and leather grease as per the manufacturer’s instructions. Always apply care products extremely
- Individual water and grease stains, as well as scratches, can be removed by rubbing the leather with the ball of the hand.
- Only remove dust with a lint-free cloth.
he footbed can be cleaned with baby shampoo and a little water. Brush up with a leather brush once dry.
Please only use a damp cloth to clean Exquisite footbeds.